Friday, March 1, 2013

Background

Ok. So I am not a health freak. I've always been overweight but I used to be quite fit. But since I've had two children this has changed. Having spent six months sitting on the sofa with the baby I'm now more overweight and very unfit. So now my youngest is over six months old, I'm doing something about it.

I have given myself a year to get fit and then another year to get to a sensible weight. Not sure what yet.

And while wandering in Horsham a couple of months ago I came across someone with a clipboard who invited me to a weight management course (I clearly look like I need it!) so I'm giving that a go to see what happens.

It's twelve weeks long and every Tuesday evening we have a talk about something health related then do some kind of activity.  The woman with the clipboard gave examples of table tennis and, oh, something else, and that didn't seem too offputting, so I'm happy to give it a go.  Ideally I'll meet a fellow-minded non-super-fit person to continue doing some exercise with, once it ends.

The course is free which is a bit suspicious as it's run by the council, the same one that's about to start charging for green waste collections, so I reckon there must be some funding for it from somewhere.

After a few weeks on the course I'm also going to seriously consider Weight Watchers. My GP is going to send me a letter as a referral so this won't cost anything either, although I've never been on an official diet and don't particularly want to go down that road.

No comments:

Post a Comment