Wednesday, March 27, 2013

26th March Returning for more

First thing in the morning I was dealing with the ominous quandary of what an overweight person should wear to work that could also be worn for "boxercise" as this was the activity we had been told to expect. I was more than a little apprehensive.  However I remained enthusiastic about the class and managed to get home, change my shoes, grab something to eat and feed the baby, without being too late.

One of the four participants was clearly less excited about "boxercise" than I was, and this week we were reduced to three.  I'm not sure this bodes well for the continued existence of the class.

We had the requisite talk about healthy eating (what is overweight, why do people get overweight, problems with being overweight, benefits to losing weight, what is healthy eating). A particularly amusing moment occurred when, after discussing the problems with being overweight we moved on to a topic beginning "benefits to..." and one of the class thought we were now discussing the benefits to being overweight. Our minds wandered, and many giggles ensued.

Then the moment arrived when "boxercise" started. A few short exercises to warm up and then we were put into pairs. With only three in the class I drew the traditionally short straw of being paired with the "teacher".  The only downside on this occasion was that I was very aware I was considerably heavier than she. After some slightly tentative punches I began to trust that I wasn't going to knock her over and then some extremely therapeutic thumping ensued.  It was fantastic and although I could feel I was using muscles that hadn't had much demand recently, I didn't feel that I was going to be a wreck in the morning.

I had an absolute whale of a time, would totally recommend this to anyone and would have no hesitation in doing it again. Brilliant.

Next week we're going for a walk in the park. Sounds a little tame after all the excitement, but I'm keeping an open mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment